Indian Red Cross First Aid app is categorized under ‘Health & Fitness’ in Google Play. It is rated to be helpful and applicable to persons aged 3+. The app is offered for free in Google Play with no in-app purchases. It is compatible with devices whose Android version is 4.1 and up. The developer last updated the app on August 29, 2016, to the current version v.2.0.
Accidents are always unpredictable. You may be running and accidentally get injured; you could have a heart attack anytime, you may be using a tool and get hurt while in the process. There are so many probable things that can happen to you in an instance. This is why you always need to be prepared at any time because anything can happen.
Indian Red Cross First Aid app offers a well-illustrated simple guideline on how to manage accidents. Medical experts regularly update the procedures of carrying out first aid. The application is also referenced from Indian First Aid Guidelines and Indian First Aid Manual and so you can trust its content. The app allows you to get immediate help through first aid whether you are online or not and also advance care by making an emergency call.
The app is offered by Indian Red Cross Society. Its size is 4.91 MB. A review done by 64 users gave the app a rating of 4.8/5. Currently, the application has 5,000 – 10,000 total users.
Pros of the Application
- The app contains well-illustrated gradual instructions and procedures on how to handle any accidental incidence.
- The app includes a search portal for easy access to the required guidelines.
- The app has permission to access Google Map for easy tracking in case of a catastrophic accident.
- The app also shows hospitals in the proximity and the nearest route to use.
- The app works appropriately whether online or not.
- The app is free of disturbing ads.
- Victims can also call for emergency help through the number 112 provided in the app.
- Also, the allows the user to zoom in and out improve visibility and make the more elegant details legible.
Cons of the Application
- The app is not supported worldwide and only works well in India.
- The offline features are limited as some features such as Google Map can only be accessed online.
- The app cannot work on devices with Android versions below 4.1.
Indian Red Cross First Aid features simple, understandable instructions and procedures on handling accidental incidences. With this app, users can use the manual provided to:
- Perform first aid to either themselves or victims of an accident.
- Call for help from a medical expert.
- Users can also read the manual provided to equip them with the knowledge required in case of an accident.
- Users can also use the app to identify hospitals in their proximity and directions if they have to go there.
The remarkable thing about this app is that instructions and procedures are simplified so that every user can understand.