Mobiwol: NoRoot Firewall is a ‘tools’ category application on the Android Play Store. The application content is rated for age 3+. The latest version of the app is 5.45. The app received its latest update on February4, 2015. It functions on Android 4.0 and higher. The application can be installed and used free of cost. It contains ads.
It is always better to have a firewall in place for your device when you are connected to the internet in order to secure your privacy. This app not only helps users achieve this goal but it also offers features such as battery saver and helps users reduce their data usage so that they stay within their subscribed data plans. Overall, it is a useful app to have on the device.
The application is developed and offered by Mirage Stacks. The size of the application on Google Play Store is 3.36 MB. The votes of 8,149 total users give it an average rating of 4.1/5. This application has been downloaded between 500,000 – 1,000,000 times.
Pros of the Application
- The application helps users take control of their mobile applications.
- It is possible to allow or block apps from using the data connection of your device using this application.This feature is particularly helpful as it is possible to block one application at a time.
- Users can block background app activity using this application as well. This feature can be used to block one or more applications from a list.
- When a user installs a new application on their device, they are alerted by Mobiwol No Root Firewall as soon as they access the internet.
- This application, as its name suggests, does not need Root access in order to function properly on an Android device.
- Users can also get their full data usage stats and graphs on this application.
- The FAQs on the installation page of the application on the Play Store addresses some important issues that helps users understand how the app functions.
Cons of the Application
- The application has not been updated in well over two years which point to the fact that the developers have either hit a snag or they have ditched it altogether.
- The application works constantly in the background and consumes significant battery life which could cause overheating at times.
- The app contains irritating advertisements.
- The application contains a few bugs. It can foreclose from time to time. Also, upon uninstalling the app from the device, notifications do not work like they did before the installation of this app.
On launching this application post installation, users can access the full range of features. On the main screen, users can turn on and turn off the Firewall status. The second option allows users to access the Firewall rules where they can block installed applications from accessing the internet. Users can also access connection logs using the third option on the homepage. The fourth option is the Firewall Settings where users can control aspects of how the Firewall works on their device. The fifth option on the home screen on this application is Data Usage which is quite self-explanatory.