Songify by Smule is a ‘Music and Audio’ category application on the Android Play Store. The application content is rated for age 12+. The latest version of the app is 1.0.9. The app received its latest update on December 26, 2013. It functions on Android 2.2 and higher. The application can be installed and used free of cost. Premium features on the app can be accessed by making in-app purchases. It contains advertisements.
Simply put, the app turns voice inputs and speech into songs. If you are familiar with the AutoTune.The News on YouTube, well, this is the official application that they use. All that a user needs to do is start talking into their handset and the application works to create songs out of your voice inputs. The soundtrack so created can then be shared with friends and family. It is an interesting way to greet your near and dear ones. One can possibly create a specific tune for a special person and share it with them using the application. The application had already been a huge hit on the Apple devices before it was launched on the Android platform.
The application is developed and offered by Smule. The size of the application on Google Play Store is 10.3 MB. The votes of 63,498 total users give it an average rating of 3.9/5. This application has been downloaded between 5,000,000 – 10,000,000 times.
Pros of the Application
- The application turns speech into music using what the makers claim is advanced artificial intelligence.
- It has been developed by the Gregory Brothers, who are considered to be YouTube celebrities.
- On iOS alone, over 120 million songs had been created using the application as far back as year 2015. It had been one of the top music apps on the App Store for Apple devices.
- The Android App offers Android-only features such as sharing of created soundtracks by SMS or social media and the ability to create customized ringtones.
- The idea behind the application was extremely innovative at the time and is worth a shot.
Cons of the Application
- The application has not been updated in a long time with the last update arriving more than three years ago.
- The advertisements on the application are quite annoying. However, users can get rid of the ads by investing $2.99 that will also give them access to 200 coins. With 200 coins, it is possible for users to score between three and four songs.
It is fairly easy to use the application. On launching the application, users will be prompted to talk to the microphone. Once they are done talking, they simply need to tap their screen to stop the mic from recording any further. Soon afterwards, the application will have the curated soundtrack ready for users. One can access their curated tracks on the My Songify menu. From this list, it is possible for users to share the tracks.