Eradoo – Data Protection is listed under the ‘Tools’ category on Google Play store. The app content is rated fit for use by age 3+ by the developers. The app can be installed for free from the Play store. However, for certain additional features, some in-app purchases are charged.
The in-app purchases for this app are rated at ₹ 95 per item. The minimum OS requirements for this application are Android OS 4.4 and up. The latest version of the app is v. 1.10.2. It was launched on 11 September 2020.Our smartphones are not just our favourite devices but they are also our ultimate secret keepers. We have so much of our personal data on your devices including images, videos, audios texts, etc. that losing them is a nightmare. But a scarier nightmare is that someone else gets access to all this personal data of yours.
While you can surely prevent this from happening using a security lock or something, but when you lose your device, such systems are not enough. Thieves have a lot of smart ways of crashing into your device without access to your security code.Eradoo – Data Protection is a unique app which would secure your device from such thieves. Eradoo – Data Protection is developed by Ouadban Youssef. The size of its Android application is 5.7 MB. The app has received an average rating of 3.4/5 stars based on the votes of 495 people. The number of downloads for this application is 100,000+
Pros of the Application
- Eradoo – Data Protection is a compact app. Just 3.13 MB for such a data protector is surely no big deal.
- The app does not even continue running in the background. Thus, it won’t be an extra task for your device’s RAM to handle the functioning of Eradoo – Data Protection.
- Unlike its competitors, Eradoo – Data Protection does not rely only on internet access of an SMS. In their absence as well, the app can do its job just fine. Thus, you don’t need to worry if the thief has removed your sim card or disconnected the internet.
- The app provides multiple ways of data erasing. You can use any of them to protect your private data from thieves.
- Even if the app is uninstalled, it does its job unless and until it is deactivated.
- For accessing the app contents, the user needs to enter the password set exclusively for Eradoo by you. Thus, they cannot even deactivate the application without the password.
- The app content can be used in multiple languages.
Eradoo – Data Protection allows you to erase your data in 4 ways:
- Receiving SMS
For this method, you need to send a specific message from another number to your phone. The message and the allowed numbers can be modified by you.
- SIM Card Removal
As soon as the sim card is removed, the app automatically deletes the data.
- Blocked SIM Card
When you get the sim card inserted in the device blocked, then also the app automatically deletes your device’s data.
- SIM card replacement
If the SIM card on your phone is replaced, the app automatically clears the device data.When configuring the app, the users can choose what all options would trigger data erasing.The app also allows the users to choose what data needs to be deleted from the device in case of theft. The app can erase:
- Entire phone data
- SIM card contacts