Chain Reaction is listed under the ‘Arcade’ category on Google Play Store and can be downloaded for free of cost. It has no annoying in-app purchases but the app does contain ads. A device must have Android OS 4.0.0 and up for this arcade application to function on it. The latest version of the app is 1.8. It was released on 22 May 2018.
Chain Reaction was developed by Matt from App Holdings. The size of the Android application is 2.7 MB. The reviews by 185,018 users have given this app an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. This fun app has been downloaded by more than 10,000,000 users.
It is a strategy game which can be played by up to 8 players. The goal of the game is taking over the board by eliminating orbs of opponents. Each player takes a turn to place their orbs in the respective cells. Orbs can be placed only in player’s own cell, in an empty cell or in the cells with same color orbs. After the addition of a certain number of orbs, the cell reaches a critical mass and explodes. Orbs from the exploding cells scatter in the nearby cells and claim the cells for the player. If a player loses all the orbs, the player is out of the game. One left with orbs on the board at the end is the winner.
Pros of the Application
- It is a perfect time killer, with hours of fun and multiple player functions.
- Up to 8 players can take turns and play this game.
- This game does not require internet access, so you can play it anywhere in the house and outside, on the bus and in the car.
- This game is fun because anyone can be a winner. It is based on chance and luck so the winner can change till the last moment. This adds thrill to the game.
- This game can be enjoyed by young children, teenagers, and adults alike. It is a great game for family time
- The app does not consume much battery or storage space in the device despite the awesome features and multiplayer option.
- Highly customizable features where players can change the color and sound of their orbs. The tactile feedback (vibrations) can also be activated and deactivated.
- The application has both HD modes for larger screens (tablets and Pad) and the regular mode for mobile devices.
Cons of the Application
- The game cannot be played online with friends who are not physically present with you.
- Some users have complained that game sometimes crashes during the game.
- The app contains ads to benefit the developers, but some users might find it irritating.
This app is a fun time pass with friends. It is great even at places where internet is not available. This game is totally based on chance so it is unpredictable and exciting. The game has an excellent feature of tactile feedback (vibration) which can be turned on and off. The “Player Settings” let you customize the colors, the vibration, and the sound for orbs of each player. The rules of games are simple and it does not require any practice or advanced skills.
It is majorly popular because of the large number of multiplayer options and it has an element of chance which can surprisingly change the game at any random moment.