Files to SD Card is a ‘Tools’ category application on Google Play Store. The app can be installed for free and does not have any in-app purchases either. However, it does contain ads. The developers have rated the app content fit for use by age 3+.
The minimum OS requirements for this app to function are Android 5.0 and up. The app was last updated on 25th May 2017. The latest version of this application is v. 1.34.Our pocket smartphones probably contain a lot more information than any other device that we own. Our pictures, audios, videos, movies, applications, contacts and what not is stuffed into these devices. Plus, not all smartphones come with spacious internal storage. Thus, it is but natural if these devices don’t perform up to the mark with their storage space all filled up.
Now you obviously have an alternate of shifting maximum data to your external SD card. But don’t you think that it is too time-consuming a job to manually shift the data to your SD card every single time? Files to SD card is a brilliant solution to this problem of yours. This application allows you to do the job in a matter of clicks.
Files to SD Card is developed by Michal Bukáček. The size of its Android application is 2.25 MB. The app has received an average rating of 4.5/5 stars based on the reviews of 36,773 users. The number of downloads for Files to SD Card is 1,000,000 – 5,000,000.
Pros of the Application
- The app size is really small. Giving out just 2.25 MB out of your device memory won’t be much of a problem.
- The app allows you to individually select the folders which you wish to move. Just with a click, you can move an entire folder to your SD card.
- At a time, a user can also move files from multiple folders to the SD card. Thus, you don’t have to go through the fuss of moving every single folder.
- The app is a convenient alternate for all the devices which don’t permit saving data directly to the SD card.
Cons of the Application
- The app only allows the transfer of data. Applications cannot be moved to the SD card with this app.
- The app has a few bugs and issues. Due to this, many users have lost their data while transferring it to the SD card. This can come as a serious issue for users.
- The app needs access permission not only during installation but also when you restart your phone every time.
- If the user wishes to move certain files and not entire folders, the app is not useful. You can only shift entire folders with this app.
- Many users might find this app to be a bit tricky to use.
The user interface of this is not very aesthetic or visually striking. However, it is completely functional and the mentioned features can be properly accessed.The app also very efficiently moves the desired folders from the device storage to the SD card. This helps the users clean up a lot of device storage in a matter of minutes. All the user needs to do is:
- Tick mark the folders that need to be moved to the SD card
- Command the app to shift these apps
- Wait while the app does its work.
Thus, in 3 simple steps, the user can transfer a lot of data to the SD card.