Android Auto is listed under the ‘Auto and Vehicles’ category on the Google Play Store. The developers have rated the app content fit for use by age 12+. The app can be downloaded for free from the Play Store. No additional in-app purchases are required for accessing the app. The app does not have ads either. The minimum OS requirements for Android Auto are Android OS v. 5.0 and up. The latest app version varies according to the device.
Driving is not only a way to reach your desired destination, but also a way to enjoy. A fun ride with good company and good music is always good. However, you must always take care that you are totally attentive while driving. Else, you might end up in an unfavourable situation.
One of the main distractions that have led to the most dangerous car accidents is mobile phones. Checking your phone for any reason while driving can lead to a life-threatening accident. But attending to your calls and notifications or managing the music is also important. So how do you manage both? Android Auto by Google LLC helps you do it.
Android Auto is developed by Google LLC. The size of its Android application is 18.50 MB. The reviews of 96,821 users have given it an average rating of 4.2/5 stars. The number of downloads for this application from the Google Play Store is 5,000,000 – 10,000,000.
Pros of the Application
- This application helps you monitor the activities on your smartphone right from the screen of your car. Thus, you can perform major tasks without picking up your phone.
- You can navigate to your desired destination with this app. It will not only direct you to the route but also provide real-time traffic notifications.
- With this app, you can also manage the music players on your smartphone from your car screen. The supported music players for this app include Google Play Music. Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, Audible and more.
- You can also send and receive messages with this app while driving. The supported messaging platforms for this app include SMS, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat, Telegram and more.
- The app also enables you to make and receive calls. It provides you with the contact list and call logs as well for better accessibility.
- You can also access live weather updates with this app.
- The app provides extra-large icons on your car screen. This ensures that you can easily access all the required features quickly and easily.
Cons of the Application
- Not all car models support this application. Thus, all users might not be able to access it.
- The app has quite a few bugs. Many users have reported accessibility issues due to the same.
Download Android Auto From Here
The concept, features and functionalities of this app are all very good. With this app, you can perform all the primary important tasks while driving without touching your phone.
The best thing about this app is that it is compatible with a lot of popular messaging and music apps. Thus, you don’t have to stay restricted to a particular app while using Android Auto on your car.
The app is currently compatible with more than 300 car models. If it is compatible with your car, you can enjoy a lot of useful features while driving which will assure a safe ride for you. All you need to do is connect your car and the phone using a USB data cable.