The app is listed under the ‘Tools’ category on Google Play Store. The app content is rated for age 3+. The latest version of the application is 1.4.4 which was released on 9th April 2015. The app functions with Android OS 2.3+. The application can be installed for free and doesn’t have any in-app purchases either.
Your smartphone is precious to you. Not just because of the fact that it cost you a good amount, but also because it has a lot of confidential and personal information of yours. Thus, if you are worried about losing your phone, that is quite natural. Your tension is totally justified. But this worry cannot solve your problem. But Android Device Manager can.
Android Device Manager is an app which helps you to locate your device. It is helpful even if the phone is lost in your car or at home. When you lose your phone, you can locate your device by using the ADM website or app from some other device.
- Makes your lost device ring for 5 minutes. You can stop the ringing by using the power button.
- Gives you the approximate location of your device.
- Enables you to lock the device with a new password.
- Allows you to delete all the data from your phone in order to preserve confidentiality.
Developer Name/Developer Company/Android App Size/Rating /Number of Downloads
The application is developed by Google Inc. The size of the android application is 1.7MB. The average rating received by the app is 4.3/5 based on 410,456 votes. The application has been installed by 100-500K users.
Pros of the Application
- You can install and use all the features of the application for free.
- It makes the device ring loudly for 5 minutes. Thus, if your phone is somewhere around you, you can track it even if it is on silent mode.
- You can get the approximate location of your phone if it is stolen or lost.
- You can lock the device with a new password. Thus, you can prevent anyone from accessing it.
- You can even clear all the data from the phone to be on the safer side.
- The application is 100% responsive and reliable.
Cons of the Application
Though the concept, quality, and features of the application are very good, there are some limitations as well. You cannot track the location of your device if:
- The device is switched off.
- Your Google account isn’t signed in on the lost device.
- The device does not have an internet connection.
- The location services of the device are off.
Also, the application doesn’t store the tracked location. It just displays the location when requested and deletes the history as soon as you log out of Android Device Manager.
The features and services provided by ADM are all very unique yet very simple to use.
- As soon as you open the application or the website, all the devices linked with your Google account are listed.
- Choose the device you want to locate.
- The application will show you when the device was last online and the last traced location.
- On the same screen, it gives you three options:
- Ring – As soon as you choose this option, the application will first ask for your confirmation. Then, the lost device will start ringing at full volume for 5 minutes.
- Lock – When you choose this option, the application would ask you to enter the new password. Optionally, you can even drop a recovery message on the lock screen of the lost device.
- Erase – After you choose the option, all the data on your lost device will be deleted as soon as it is online.