Link2SD is listed under the ‘Tools’ category on Google Play Store. The app is free to install. However, a premium version of it is also available with the name Link2SD PlusWith the increasing amount data on the internet, no storage space is ever enough. External storage is still manageable. But the device storage always creates problems. No matter what you do, you always end up short of it. After a point of time, there is no room for new apps at all.
Link2SD is an application manager available for free on the Google Play Store. Using this application, you can move your apps from the device storage to the external storage. This way, you can save a lot of space on your phone’s internal memory. With Link2SD, you can:
- Move any app to external storage.
- Set the default location of app installation in the SD card.
- Uninstall unnecessary system applications.
Developer Name/Developer Company/Android App Size/Rating /Number of Downloads
Link2SD is developed by Bulent Akpinar. It is a 3.8MB app on Google Play Store. The app has received an average user rating of 3.9/5 based on 316,939 votes. It has been installed by around 10,000,000+ users.
Pros of the Application
- Using Link2SD, you can move apps from your device storage to the SD card.
- It supports all devices with Android OS 2.0+.
- You can uninstall the unnecessary system apps.
- The apps which cannot be transferred to SD cards can be transferred using Link2SD.
- The app allows you to set the default installation location of all the new apps.
- It provides the batch ‘uninstall’ and ‘Move to SD card’ features. Thus, you can work with a lot of apps at a time.
- Also, you can use the batch ‘clear data’ and ‘cache removal’ features for multiple apps.
- You can sort, filter and organize all the applications on your phone according to your requirement.
- The app also provides a ‘clear cache’ option which clears cache files from all the applications.
- It supports 40+ languages.
Cons of the Application
- You need to root your device to use this application.
- Your SD card should have a second partition to allow this app to function.
- Not all features are available in the free version. You need to buy the Link2SD plus to access some features.
- Comprehensive support for Android Marshmallow and Nougat is not yet available.
- The app has quite a few bugs and errors.
This app is quite simple to use. The features and the concept are really nice. But you need to get your device rooted before you can access them. To use this application:
- Download Link2SD from Google Play Store.
- After installation, you will find a list of all the installed on your phone.
- Navigate through this list and select an app you wish to move to SD card.
- After doing this, you will find some details of the app.
- Then you can choose to either link the app to the SD card. Or you can move it to the SD card.
For linking, the app provides some options. You can either just link the app, or the data along with the app, or so on. Also, you can choose if you want to link the app to the first partition of the SD card or the 2nd one.
Link2SD allows you to assess your phone’s storage. You can check the storage space available in the internal memory, system, external SD card, SD partition 1 and SD partition 2.
Also, you can clear the cache files present on your device using Link2SD to optimize your device’s storage.