ARP Guard (WiFi Security) is an application categorized under “Tools” in the Google play store. This application is developed by First Row and has content applicable to individuals aged 3+. It is compatible with android version 4.0.3 and above and was recently updated on Jan 25, 2021. The current version of the app is 2.6.5 and the size of the application is 2.3Mb. It is available in Google Play and has in-app purchases starting from ₹ 130.00 per item. This application has more than 100,000 installs and has been reviewed by more than 8,800 users giving it a 4.3 rating in the Google play store.
Mobile security is one of the most in-demand products in the market right now. With people uploading their entire lives on mobile phones this trend is not very surprising. People nowadays store everything from silly photos to their bank account information I their smartphones. This makes it a gold mine for hackers and thieves. One technique that hackers use constantly to steal information is through the same wifi. This is very prevalent in places where there is free and public Wi-Fi. Here any number of people can join the network; this also makes it a prime hunting ground for unethical hackers to exploit. Hackers use session hijacking, Wi-Fi kill, steal cookies, or spoofing of network traffic. In open networks, hackers can steal pretty much everything stored in the phone through these techniques, including all your private pictures and bank account information. This can lead to you losing a lot of money and public face.
ARP Guard is something that prevents this from ever happening. This application basically blocks and reports all attacks that you can face when connected to a public network. Some of the main functions of the app are
• Protection from any network attacks, beginning with arp spoofing/arp poisoning. With this users can connect to any public network without a care in the world. The app will actively protect you throughout your session.
• Three Program modes (warning, invulnerability, recovery). This can be set according to where you are connecting your phone.
• Auto Off Wifi when it detects an attack in non-root mode carried out on you (set out in settings).
• Notification about attack (vibration, sound, a notice containing information on the attack). As soon as some fishy activity starts to happen the app will give you a custom notification indicating that you are under attack. This way you can be protected 24/7
• When superuser mode is available to you, making your device immune to such attacks (using a static gateway address). There is no need for such like warning in this mode.
This is an excellent app that stops almost all of the cyber-attacks that you might face when connecting to a public Wi-Fi network. ARP guard along with a robust anti-virus will stop almost all cyber-attacks that you may face. With a smooth interface and simple-to-use instructions, this app is a must-have if you value your privacy.