Contact Backup is a ‘Tools’ category application listed on the Google Play Store. The contents of this application have been rated fit for use by age 3+ by the developers. This app can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. However, users need in-app purchases to access some of the additional features. The app also contains ads. The minimum OS requirements for this application are Android OS 4.0 and up.
With the ensemble range of Android and iOS devices available in the market, you can do anything you need to with just a few clicks. Unlike the old times, you don’t even need to write down your important contact numbers or remember them anytime. All you have to do is save them on your phone.
While this is a really convenient option, there is one major problem that users face with virtually saved contacts. When a user switches between devices, it takes a lot of effort to shift all the contacts from the old device to the new one. For such situations, there is an application that can help conveniently – Contact Backup. With this app, you can transfer your contacts from one device to another without an internet connection.
Contact Backup is developed by Top of Stack Software. The size of its Android application is 9.35 MB. The app has received an average rating of 3.9/5 on the basis of the reviews by 4,760 users. Contact Backup has been downloaded some 1,000,000 – 5,000,000 times from the Google Play Store.
Pros of the Contact Backup and Restore
- The app allows contacts to be transferred between devices without the need for an active internet connection.
- Contacts can be transferred between Android – Android, iOS – iOS and iOS – Android. Thus, no matter what device you are using, you can use this application to transfer your contacts.
- You can transfer contacts using multiple ways with this app. You can either use an SD card to transfer the backup vcf file or email it to yourself or upload the backup file on Dropbox.
- The app not only backs up the contact number and name but it saves all the contact information. Thus, when you restore the contacts on your new device, you can access all the saved contact information.
- This application also allows you to add contacts by scanning the QR codes of business cards.
- While backing up the contacts, the app also prevents duplication or overlapping of contacts.
- The app is available in English, German, Spanish, French, Arabic and Indonesian.
Cons of the Contact Backup and Restore
- With the free version, only a limited number of contacts can be transferred. For transferring more contacts, users have to upgrade to the pro version.
- The app has quite a few bugs. Many users have reported a ‘complete loss of backup’ with this application.
Download Contact Backup From Here
The function of Contact Backup and Restore
This application has a very simple and basic design. It is totally easy to use the app. All you need to do to back up your contact with this app is:
- Install the application from the Google Play Store.
- Select the contacts to be backed up.
The app would create a vcf file of your contacts.
- Transfer this to your new device via SD card, email or Dropbox.
- Restore the contacts on the new device.
This way, you can very simply transfer your contacts with or without using an internet connection with Contact Backup. The only limitation is that there is a limit to the number of contacts that can be backed up using the free version.