Drugs.com Medication Guide is listed under the ‘Medical’ category on the Google Play Store. The app is rated 3+ by IARC, thus making it suitable for all age groups. This app can be downloaded free from the Play Store. This application includes in-app purchases. In addition to this, it may also contain ads placed by developers. A device must have an Android 4.4 or a later version for using this app. The latest version of the app is 2.9.1 which was updated recently on Nov 23, 2022. It was first released on 24th February 2013.
Drugs.com Medication Guide is developed and offered by ‘Drugs.com’. The size of the Android application depends on the device on which you want to download the app. The reviews of 17K users have given it an average rating of 4.5/5 stars. Over 1 million Android users have downloaded Drugs.com Medication Guide.
Drugs.com Medication Guide is a medical app related to the health niche. The app provides helpful information to consumers and Health care professionals about medication and medical conditions. The app provides complete descriptions and details about almost all medical drugs.
Pros of the Application
- This app reveals an easy way to understand medical information such as FDA Alerts, in-depth consumer information, drug interactions, and food, allergy, and medical condition interactions in a personal format for your prescribed medication.
- This app offers offline support so that you can use it in case of network fluctuations.
- This app offers the most comprehensive drug information online database for fast and accurate drug searching.
- This app helps you identify different medicines by simply inputting information on shape, color, or imprint. These can be accessed easily by index search.
- The medical database is updated daily and efficiently.
- This app informs you about the drug interactions that can possibly occur when different drugs are taken at the same time. The same information is also provided for different types of food interactions.
- The side effects of certain drugs are also emphasized in the app.
- This app hosts a question and answers service for medications through the use of an extensive answers database so that no query is left unanswered.
- This app contains the ‘Symptom Checker’ for finding out the side effects and dosage information on various kinds of prescribed drugs.
- This app contains a phonetic search for times when you are not sure how to spell the drug name.
- This app is mobile-optimized to speed up your browsing experience.
Cons of the Application
- The information is provided solely for educational purposes and has no legal recommendations.
- Users have reported this app to have a region-limited medication database. For example, Canadian drugs won’t show up in the database.
- This app requires a lot of unnecessary permissions such as access to Photos/Media/Files to be transferred to SD Card.
Drugs.com Medication Guide provides easy-to-understand and reliable medication information at no cost. The app provides important medical information to Nurses, Consumers, Patients, and Health Care Professionals. The application start page provides a wide range of services:
- My Drug List
- Drugs A-Z (Indexed search)
- Drugs by conditions
- Pill Identifier
- Side Effects
- Interactions Checker
- Symptoms Checker
- Price Guide
- Phonetic Search
For using certain services, users need to go through these options. For instance, the user can search for details about any drug via the ‘Drugs A-Z’ tab. Input the concerned drug name and hit enter. The app would show the details and relative information after searching the database which may include side effects, Dosage, Drug reviews, etc.