ExpressVPN – Best Android VPN is listed under ‘Tools’ category on Google Play Store. The app is rated 3+ by IARC i.e. suitable for all age groups. This app can be downloaded free from the Play Store/App store. This app offers in-app purchases. However, it may also contain ads placed by developers. A device must have Android OS 5.0 or up for this application to function on it. The latest version of the app is 7.2.3 that was updated recently on 4rth February 2019. It was first released on 26td November 2015.
ExpressVPN is developed and offered by ExpressVPN. The size of the Android application is 21 MB but varies the devices. The reviews of 66K users have given it an average rating of 4.1/5 stars. Over 10 million Android users have downloaded ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is a VPN (Virtual Private network) Proxy server for the customers. With the help of worldwide servers of ExpressVPN, users can protect and secure their online networking and browsing. The app aids to protect the privacy of the customers.
Pros of the Application
- ExpressVPN is engineered to provide Virtual private network VPN for users using its worldwide proxy servers.
- Users can set virtual IP addresses and proxy servers with just a few taps, so there is no longer hassle to manually set virtual networks and proxy servers addresses.
- ExpressVPN encrypts user’s connection using UDP and TCP protocols making it relatively more secure than any other typical proxy servers so that the third parties don’t monitor it and not able to track online activity of the user.
- ExpressVPN is available for a 7-day free trial that includes all its features, so users can check and analyze the service of the proxy servers. Afterward, users can buy premium service at a very low price.
- There is a wide range of proxy servers of ExpressVPN. The app provides more than 145 connections from 94 different countries including America, UK, Europe, Asia, Australia etc. Users can toggle between different servers of their choice without any restrictions.
- Users can easily download ExpressVPN for different devices and can use its services across these platforms seamlessly. The app syncs all the devices to provide better service.
- This app works with all cellular data carriers, Wi-Fi, LTE/4G, 3G etc.
- ExpressVPN provides 24/7 customer support services for its customers.
Cons of the Application
- After setting up virtual servers using ExpressVPN, the speed of internet network effects much. Some users complained that their internet connection speed reduced to 50-75% which is frustrating.
- There are some complaints about random errors and bugs in the app that effects its proper functioning.
- Some users complained that customer supports center provides better assistance to premium users only.
ExpressVPN provides secure virtual network channels for users through its proxy servers. At the first start of the app, the user needs to sign up either for a free trial or for premium service. The user can sign using a valid email. The main interface of the app has two options;
- Tap button
- Choose Location
The user can set up a new connection by using ‘Tap Button’ which randomly selects proxy server location. To manually select server location, the user can use ‘choose location’ option. The main interface also shows the current network location. The user can upgrade to premium service with using upgrade option in the app.