Goodreads is listed under the ‘Books & Reference’ category on Google Play Store. The app is rated 3+ by IARC i.e. suitable for all age groups. This app can be downloaded free from the Play Store/App store and doesn’t contain any in-app purchases. However, it may contain ads placed by developers. Android requirements vary with each device for the compatibility of this app. The latest version of the app is 2.5.0 Build 42 which was updated recently on Nov 9, 2022. It was first released publicly on 29td April 2011.
Goodreads is offered by ‘Goodreads.com’. The size of the Android application is about 13.21 MB but varies with the devices. The reviews of 100K users have given it an average rating of 3.0/5 stars. More than 10 million book lovers have downloaded Goodreads.
Goodreads is a literature app offered by ‘Goodreads.com’ for users and is also integrated with the website. It provides online access to book reading and literature at no cost. There are plenty of options for the readers because of the huge collection of books on the app. Users can find and read their favorite books from the collection.
Pros of the Application
- Goodreads is an online platform for book readers and literature lovers with huge a collection.
- There are over 80 million members of Goodreads with makes it the largest and most versatile online platform.
- With over 2.3 billion books, this is one of the largest online book collections. There are unlimited choices and options for users to read.
- Users can find any book online by just scanning its cover or using a barcode. Users can also read reviews for the book and can add it to the ‘Want to Read shelf’.
- The app recommends different books depending on the user’s personalized genre.
- Users can buy books online. The app also provides a convenient method to borrow books online.
- Users can also see what their friends are reading and recommend them.
- Users can rate any book that they read and can also provide a review about them.
- Goodreads provides a tracking option so that users can track the books they read or want to read.
- Users can recommend different books to their friends and discuss different books with others using different options like messages, groups, reviews, etc.
- There are competitive challenges for users like reading challenges to boost their reading habits.
- Goodreads provides absolutely free reading material to each and every user.
- Goodreads is also included in Editors’ Choice which makes it the most online trusted app.
Cons of the Application
- Most customers complain about the comparatively lesser quality reading experience on Goodreads’s website.
- There are a lot of complaints about user interface UI being revamped to increase usability and a better experience.
- There are lots of bugs and error issues as well on the app which greatly affects the reading experience.
Goodreads is integrated with its website to provide reading material and books worldwide. At the first launch of the app, the user needs to sign up for personalized usage and a better experience. They are a couple of options to sign up with like:
- With Facebook
- With Amazon
- Using E-mail
Users are asked to set their reading goal in that particular year and then their favorite genre. Users need to rate books according to their genre and can follow authors. The app automatically recommends books matching the user’s genre. There are different categories for exploring and personalized usage:
- Currently Reading
- Want to Read
There are other options as well like:
- My Books
- Best Books of the Year
- Scan Books
- Find friends
- Reading Challenge