Internet Speed Meter Lite is a ‘tools’ category application on the Android Play Store. The application content is rated for age. The latest version of the app is 1.2.17. The app received its latest update on September 5, 2016. It functions on different Android systems depending on the device. The application does not contain ads and can be installed and used free of cost. Premium features can only be accessed on the pro version.
When you are paying for a service to your network provider, you want to be sure that you are getting what you paid for. This application helps users monitor their internet speeds on a status bar while displaying the amount of data that is used in a notification pane. It helps users monitor the strength of their network connection as well as their data connection on their device while also helping them monitor the amount of data consumed by their device.
The application is developed and offered by Dynamic Apps. The size of the application on Google Play Store is 1.46 MB. The votes of 261,809 total users give it an average rating of 4.5/5. This application has been downloaded between 10,000,000 –50,000,000 times.
Pros of the Application
- The application helps users keep abreast of the internet speed and amount of data used by their device. Real time speed is updated on the status bar as well as the notification bar.
- Users can also monitor their daily data usage on the notification bar.
- The app is designed to provide separate statistics for mobile network and Wi-Fi network.
- The lite version of the app monitors the traffic data for the previous 30 days.
- Users who upgrade to the pro version can access graphs to monitor internet activity, time and usage of current session, app use for mobile and Wi-Fi and real-time speed of applications that are running on the device.
- Pro version users are also able to access smarter notifications, get theme support and get upload and download speed through separate notifications.
Cons of the Application
- Although it does not consume a lot of space on modern Android devices, users planning to move this app to their SD cards are forewarned that the app will foreclose on the removal of the SD card.
- The app runs continuously on the background and as a result, it consumes a fair deal of battery. This in turn, could cause overheating in some devices.
On launching the application for the first time after installation, it will start working on the background of your Android device. One can look at the speed and the total data consumed on the mobile as well as Wi-Fi network on the status bar or the notification bar. Users can access detailed data usage information for the previous 30 days on the app as well. On this page, users can check the exact amount of data consumed per day for Mobile network and Wi-Fi network as well as the total data consumed for the previous 30 days.