Kerala Phone Directory is a ‘Books and Reference’ category application on the Android Play Store. The application is rated for age 3+. The latest version of the application is 1.0. The app received its latest update on December 2016. It functions on devices running Android 4.0.3 or higher and can be downloaded and used free of cost. The application does not offer any in-app purchases and it contains ads.
The application is useful to have for users who hail from the state of Kerala in India or are visiting the state. It basically contains useful contact information that can be accessed even if the user is not connected to the internet. Other than having emergency contact numbers, the directory also offers contact information for important government departments and public offices. When it comes to the private sector, the application offers contact information of private hospitals as well.
The application is developed and offered by Single Touch. The size of the application on Google Play Store is 2.7 MB. The votes of 7 total users give it an average rating of 3.6/5. This application has been downloaded 10,000 + times.
Pros of the Application
- The application offers category-wise phone numbers of important contacts.
- The categories that are covered in this application includes the following: emergency, police, police station, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Chief Investigator, Fire Force, Central Excise and Customs, Income Tax, Health Department, Government Hospitals, Medical College, Community Health Center, Primary Health Center, ESI Dispensary, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Private Hospitals, Co-operative Hospitals, Railway station, Kerala State Road Transport Corporation, Forest, Post Office, Education department, State Board of Education, Civil Supplies co-operative and depot manager, FCI, Public Service Commission, Employment Exchange and Civil Station, Water Authority, Irrigation, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Public Works Department, Roads and Bridges Circle (PWD), Sub Division PWD, PWD Buildings, Electronics Sub Division (PWD), Mechanical Division (PWD), Revenue Department, Village Office Department, Rural Development Department, Block Development Officer, Block Office, Social Welfare, ICDS, Treasury, Sub Treasury, Sales Tax, LSG, Block Panchayat, Gram Panchayat, Municipality, Agriculture, Labour Department, Assistant Labour Officer, Excise, Government Guest House, Corporations, Law & Judiciary and Tourism departments.
- The entire database is also available for use offline which is a big positive.
Cons of the Application
- The application received its latest update around five months ago. During this interim, the contact numbers may have changed and this needs to be updated.
- The application contains a number of unrelated advertisements. For users who are connected to the internet while using the application, this can be a source of irritation.
This application is quite straightforward. As soon as one downloads and installs the app, the user is able to access all the information that is stored in it. The app contains important contact details that might be useful to the general public in Kerala. If you happen to be someone from Kerala or someone who is going to visit the state in the near future, it makes sense to have this application installed on your android device.