KSEB is an application categorized under “Business” in the Google play store. This app is developed by KSEB Limited and has content applicable to individuals aged 3+. The app is compatible with android version 5.0 and up and it was last updated on Oct 3, 2022. The current version of the app is 2.5 and the size of the application 4.1Mb. It is available in Google Play Store and it doesn’t have any in-app purchases. This application has more than 500,000 installs and has been reviewed by more than 2,000 users giving it a 4.0 rating in the Google play store.
Kerala State Electricity Board Ltd or KSEB is responsible for the generation and distribution of electricity supply in the state of Kerala. The internet has brought about a number of changes that affect the way we function. In olden times we used to have to go physically go to places to pay our bills. If these bills weren’t paid on time the services would be cut. Sometimes even fines will be levied. Nowadays we don’t have to move an inch to pay any bill. Most of the bills can be paid online by just visiting the company website and entering your credentials like a consumer number or reference number. Their bill amount and the split are usually sent to us by email or text messages which often act like a reminder.
With such a level of ease introduced businesses are now making apps to help people who don’t have computers pay bills online. A great initiative taken by KSEB is introducing a small app that helps its users pay their bills online. The app is extremely small coming in at 4MB so even if you have a very old phone it will be installed just fine. The easy-to-use interface is made for people who aren’t very technically profound. Older people will also find that this app is very easy to use. Users of this app will get a very accurate idea of the bill split up and will be able to view all the details regarding their connection and their bill amount.
Some of the great features of the app are
• A personalized My Account for registered Consumers (Registration can be done in a minute on wss.kseb.in in new user registration section) this will show you all your account information and the bill information
• Quick Pay facility for payments without registration. In case you don’t want to create an account you can use this to quickly pay your bill with just the consumer number.
• New user Registration. Users can use the app to create their unique accounts.
• View/Edit consumer profile.
• Manage up to 10 Consumer numbers in one user account
• Check Bill Details for the past 12 months and download in pdf format.
• Check Consumption Details for the past 12 months.
• Check Payment History for the past 12 months.
• Transaction History – Receipt pdf download
• View bill details & pay your bills using credit cards, debit cards, net banking.
• Notifications alerting bill due date, payment confirmation, etc.