Lose It! – Calorie Counter is listed under the ‘Health & Fitness category on Google Play Store. The app is rated 3+ by IARC, thus making it suitable for all age groups. This app can be downloaded free from the Play Store. The app offers in-app purchases. However, it may also contain ads placed by developers. Android compatibility varies with different devices. The latest version of the app is 9.7.7 which was updated recently on 21 Dec 2022. It was first released on 5th February 2016.
Lose It! – Calorie Counter is developed and offered by FitNow, Inc. The size of the Android application is 35 MB but varies with the device. The reviews of 74,000+ users have given it an average rating of 4.4/5 stars. The app has reached the milestone of 10 Million+ downloads on the Google Play Store.
Lose It! – Calorie Counter is an app related to the health niche that allows users to keep themselves healthy and fit. So, as the name of the app suggests, this app helps with weight loss under an effective and efficient weight loss program.
1. 25+ macro nutrient and health goals
2. 10 million+ items in the searchable, comprehensive, international food and fitness database
This app works in an easy way. It combines proven methods of calorie tracking to help you lose weight. The process is simple. Simply, enter your profile details and goal weight and this app will calculate the most efficient daily calorie budget for you. This app will further track your food, weight, and activity.
Pros of the Application
- This app contains a database to search for the various food items and the energy or calories they contain.
- A bar code scanner can help you scan the food items automatically.
- You can also connect other apps and devices like Fitbit trackers, Misfit trackers, Google Fit, etc.
- You can create challenges among your family and friends or participate in public challenges to make the weight loss process more exciting.
- You can estimate the serving and calorie content of various food items using the app’s Serving Size Guide.
- The app has achieved great milestones. It has helped 74.7% of its users to lose clinically significant weight according to NIH study. And 50 million+ pounds of weight has been lost by members of the app.
- Users can also buy the premium version of the app. The premium version includes additional features which have been reported to be 3 times more efficient. The app is also included in ‘Editor’s Choice’ which makes it a trusted companion.
Cons of the Application
- The app has some compatibility issues with some devices. Like it has been reported to have issues with Samsung Gear Fit 2.
- There are some minor issues in the working of the app like users sometimes face difficulty changing the units of weight and energy.
- Some users have complained about the bugs and errors in the app that slows down the app and its working.
Lose It! – Calorie Counter is a health niche app that helps users to achieve their fitness milestones and health goals. On the first start of the app, the user needs to enter some personal information like:
Then, the app asks the user about their health goals, like how many pounds of weight the user wants to lose. The app also recommends better goals. In the next step, the user needs to sign up for a better-personalized experience for further usage of the app. The main interface shows the calorie stats and the available calories in different eatables like Lunch, Breakfast, Snacks, Dinner, etc.