Manglish Malayalam Keyboard is a ‘Productivity’ category application on the Android Play Store. The application content is rated for age 3+. The latest version of the app is 2.0.3. The app received its latest update on December 2, 2022. It functions on devices running Android 4.0 or higher. The application can be downloaded and installed free of cost. Premium features can be accessed via in-app purchases.
The application is helpful for people who find it difficult to write in Malayalam on their devices. This keyboard app not only helps translates English text into Malayalam but also predicts what users are trying to write which makes the experience much more enjoyable for users.
The application is developed and offered by Procrastinators. The size of the application on Google Play Store is 4.9 MB. The votes of 26,460 total users give it an average rating of 4.5/5. This application has been downloaded between 500,000 – 1,000,000 times.
Pros of the Application
- The application offers aesthetically pleasing designs with beautiful themes.
- It offers an English-only mode which can be used to replace the regular keyboard on your device.
- On using the Malayalam mode, users will find that their English inputs phonetically convert to Malayalam when they have a working data connection.
- The predictions also work perfectly well without the internet.
- The app helps to translate English words into Malayalam quite seamlessly.
- The biggest pro that this app has to offer is the Malayalam word prediction. The predictor is one of the best that we have come across in a while when it comes to the accuracy of prediction. While most other similar applications often give users wrong predictions, the Manglish Malayalam Keyboard app gives users the correct prediction quite regularly.
Cons of the Application
- While it is a handy application to run when users plan to convert text into Malayalam, they might be better off with the stock Android keyboard at other times.
- The app does not work well with all other Android Apps and especially Facebook. Using this keyboard to type on the Facebook app can cause the latter to foreclose numerous times if one were to try and update their status or search for something using this keyboard app on the Facebook app.
- The colour schemes on the application make it difficult to use in low light.
- The app makers have admitted that they collect anonymous data but they do not disclose whether they do or do not collect personal data. If a user is concerned about his privacy, he or she needs to take a call on this before installing the application.
On installing the application, users can launch it using the icon from the home screen. On successful activation, users can choose the settings based on their requirements. The recommended options are to enable the ‘Auto select with space’ in settings which will make sure that the best suggestion is selected every time you enter text. Users can also enable ‘Backspace reverts words’ in settings which will show suggestions once again if you hit the backspace key twice.