MP3 Cutter is listed under ‘Video Players & Editors’ category on Google Play Store. The app is rated 3+ by IARC i.e. suitable for all age groups. It can be downloaded free from the Play Store/App store and doesn’t contain any in-app purchases. However, contain ads placed by developers. A device must have Android OS 4.1 and up for this application to function on it. The latest version of the app is 3.13 that was recently updated on 30th January 2019.
MP3 Cutter is developed by Berbagi Catatan or ‘beka’. The size of the Android application is 5.6 MB but varies the devices. The reviews of 120K users have given it an average rating of 4.2/5 stars. Over 10 million users have downloaded the app so far.
Berbagi Catatan launched the MP3 Cutter for worldwide users on Google Play store lately in 2010. This app is limited to cutting and trimming of MP3 audio files.
Pros of the Application
- The app allows users to do unlimited cutting and trimming of MP3 audio files.
- It is also capable of merging two or more audio files to generate a single audio file.
- All users can also enjoy No-Ad interface absolutely free with some additional permissions.
- It is very easy to cut and trim multiple files and save them into the desired folder
- It also allows users to set their edited MP3 files their ringtones instantly.
- Trimming Step can be handy to configure the time step button.
- User interface ‘UI’ of the app is pretty simple and user-friendly.
Cons of the Application
- This app has very limited functionality and lesser features relative to other application which can do multiple tasks.
- Only MP3 file formats are supported, while other formats like WAV, WMA, Ogg aren’t supported.
- Another lag of the app is its lesser language support. This issue was also reported by one of its users on review section, he wrote “Latest version does not support standard Google Hindi font for file rename.
- MP3 Cutter App shows ‘Not Responding’ message in the case of weaker WiFi signals or slow internet speed.
This application is a very simple alternative for huge size applications and has the ability to do efficient editing of MP3 audio files. And all of these features in just 5 MB application. It has many options to do with MP3 files like
- Cutting & Trimming
- Setting Ringtones, Notification or alarm
- Save edited file in the customized location
Users can toggle into different features depending on what they want to do with their audio file collections. They can import files and edited them by just hovering over the audio track. And generate the desired file and save into set directory. Comparing to the other apps, this MP3 cutter has very easy functionality and user interface that allows everyone to use it smoothly without any problem.
We’ve been using MP3 Cutter for years but honestly, we loved the previous versions because they were simple and user-friendly. The updated MP3 Cutter takes a bit more time to serve the purpose. Still, it doesn’t hurt because we’ve compared it with so many alternatives only to find that MP3 Cutter outruns its competitors. This is what helps this app to hit the impressive 10-million bar. It serves all the basic MP3 editing functions you could expect from an MP3 cutter. What we love the most is the ease with which we can use it even On-the-Go.