Period Tracker Flo, Pregnancy & Ovulation Calendar is listed under the ‘Health & Fitness category on the Google Play Store. The app is rated 3+ by IARC i.e., it is suitable for all age groups. This app can be downloaded free from the Play Store and doesn’t include any in-app purchases. However, it may contain ads placed by developers. A device must have an Android 4.2 or later version for using this app. The latest version of the app is 4.16.2 which was updated recently on Dec 21, 2022. It was first released on 12th April 2016.
Period Tracker Flo, Pregnancy & Ovulation Calendar is developed and offered by ‘Flo Health, Inc’. The size of the Android application is about 35 MB. The reviews of 815K users have given it an average rating of 4.7/5 stars. The app has crossed over 10 Million downloads on Google Play recently.
Period Tracker Flo, Pregnancy & Ovulation Calendar is a health-related app that is dedicated to female reproductivity issues. As the name suggests, it tracks the periods of females, their pregnancy, and the fertility calendar. The app provides helpful information about PMS symptoms, pregnancy updates, a fertility calculator, and many more.
Pros of the Application
- Period Tracker Flo, Pregnancy & Ovulation Calendar provides complete information and guidance related to periods and pregnancy to women.
- The app allows extensive tracking of menstruation periods. It tracks the cycle and period and also provides Pre-menstruation Periods (PMS) with the calendar.
- The menstrual tracker, analyses current and previous periods to project favorable fertility days.
- If the user is having irregular periods, the app keeps a log to predict symptoms so as to improve menstruation cycle prediction.
- ‘Period calendar’ tracks basal temperature, predicts periods, fertility logs, and many more.
- The app includes a ‘Pregnancy calculator’ that displays the days left to birth and also tracks pregnancy week by week.
- The app provides different articles related to pregnancy each day.
- The user can track her health by adding weight. The app tracks daily physical activity and water consumption to provide a guide to maintaining fitness.
- By keeping a log of Base Body Temperature (BBT), daily water consumption, daily sleep pattern, and menstrual diary, the app provides statistical analysis of periods and health/fitness. So, this helps to accurately suggest valuable tips to improve health.
- The app allows ‘Reminders’. These reminders notify about the period and menstrual days.
- Reminders also notify about medication to the user and contraception (methods to prevent pregnancy).
- The app can be password protected to ensure privacy and security.
Cons of the Application
- Some users complained about inaccurate tracking of pregnancy weeks which is an essential feature of the app.
- The app is a great source of information as well but it prohibits users under 13.
Period Tracker Flo, Pregnancy & Ovulation Calendar provides accurate tracking of periods, pregnancy weeks, and fertility days for women. Users can set a password to protect their privacy. At the first start of the app, users are prompted to choose the concerned category. This includes:
- Track my Cycle (Don’t want to get Pregnant)
- Trying to conceive (Fertility days)
- I’m Pregnant
Users can also log previously stored data from the cloud server. After selecting the category, users need to enter the required information. For ‘Trying to conceive’, they need to enter the last period date, average period time, average cycle time, DOB, etc. The main interface shows the current-day prediction and details. Users can also toggle between other options on this interface like: