Smart Voice Recorder is a ’Music and Audio’ category application on Google Play Store. The app content is meant for ages 3 and above. The latest version of the app is 1.8.0. The installation and most of the features of the application are available free of charge. However, some features can only be accessed by making in-app purchases. The cost of each paid item is INR 99.78. The OS requirement for the application Varies with the device. The application received its last update on Oct 30, 2022.
This application, as the name suggests, enables users to record voices. The application is a useful tool to have on your phone if you like recording live one-on-one conversations, class lectures, or interviews. It is built mostly for personal use but you can share your recordings using messaging apps such as WhatsApp, email, or via Bluetooth.
If your phone runs on pure android, it is likely to be free from any bloatware other than Google’s set of pre-installed apps. A voice recorder is not provided in a pure android phone. Even if it does come equipped with a voice recorder, Smart Voice Recorder is one step ahead in times of its functionality.
Smart Voice Recorder is developed by Andrey Kovalev and offered by SmartMob. The size of the Android Application Varies with the device. The votes of 395,725 users give the application a rating of 4.3/5. It has been downloaded between 1,000,000+ times.
Pros of the Application
- The interface is quite simple and responsive or in other words, user-friendly.
- The default sampling rate, set at 8 kHz, helps users make recordings with minimal background noise.
- At its highest sampling rate of 44.1 kHz, users can make recordings of up to two hours in length.
- Users can hit the pause button in the middle of a recording and resume in due course.
- There is an option through which all recordings made on the application is automatically saved on the SD card and not on the phone memory.
- Any recordings made with the app can be used as a default/custom notification sound, caller ringtone, or alarm sound on the device.
- Users can make recordings while the application is running in the background.
- Recordings can be stored on your cloud storage app and shared on social media applications.
- The overall sound quality is quite average. Users can record conversations or lectures on it but the output is not good enough to record music on the app.
- Users will not be able to save their recordings in an MP3 format. Recordings are saved in the WAV format.
- On some rare occasions, recordings fail to resume after a pause.
- The developers concede that the application does not work on some handsets while the user interface is yet to be optimized for tablets.
The application serves as a sound recorder application for Android. It is fairly simple and easy to use and can be quite useful for making voice recordings. It can be a useful tool for anyone who needs to record interviews, lectures, or any kind of voice for any purpose. However, the application’s capabilities are rather limited when it comes to recording music.
Overall, a very useful application to have on your Android smartphone