This is a Photography app listed on the Google Play Store. The app content is rated fit for age 3+. The minimum OS requirements for this app are Android OS 4.1 and up. The app last received an update on 14 April 2020. Snapseed can be installed for free and doesn’t even require any additional in-app purchases.
As the app description suggests, Snapseed is a professional photo editing software. Almost all the tools required for editing a picture efficiently and professionally are available in this app. They include:
- 26 different tools and filters which include Healing, HDR, Perspective, etc.
- All the filters can be adjusted according to personal choice.
- Options to adjust the brightness, contrast, white balance, etc.
Snapseed is developed by Google Inc. The size of its Android application Varies with the device. The app has received an average rating of 4.5/5 based on 537,251 votes. Around 100,000,000+ users have downloaded it from the Google Play Store.
Review of Snapseed
Pros of the application
- The app helps in professional photo editing for free.
- All the tools and features are such that work efficiently for professionals as well.
- It gives the most detailed customization option which is why it might be preferred by professionals.
- The app can read and allow editing of RAW DNG files. They can be later saved in the same format or as a JPG-file.
- The app provides holistic orientation options which include rotation, changing the perspective, etc.
- It has a wide range of filters that are carefully categorized for easier browsing.
- You can add a Bokeh effect to your picture. The app provides this option in 11 different types.
- The app doesn’t require an internet connection to function, unlike other high-quality photo editing apps.
- This app has a special count point technology feature. All you have to do is pick 8 points on the image and assign them enhancements. Then, the automated algorithm of the app does everything by itself.
- The app also has a ‘curves’ tool. Here, you can adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. by adjusting their curve graphs.
- Using this application, you can even add text to your pictures. You can add them in various styles, various fonts, etc. to match it up with your picture completely.
Cons of the application
- Though the app is meant for amateurs as well, the user interface might not be suitable for non-professionals. It is a bit too technical for that matter.
- The excessive focus on detailing can be a bit too confusing for non-pros.
Function of Snapseed
Since this is a Top Developer’s app, it is completely free from any kind of glitches or bugs which might distort its functioning. Thus, users can access all the features without any troubles. This app was released in 2011 and since then has received a lot of popularity.
The main stand out point of this app is the fact that it provides pro-level editing tools to the users for free. The only major minus point is that the UI is not very much usable for a non-pro. But if you are genuinely impressed by the app and want to use it no matter what, that thing is also possible. There are a lot of blogs, videos, etc. which provide complete tutorials for using the Snapseed photo editing app. They are meant for non-pros and they teach the functionality of the app to the readers in a way that they can make the best out of it.