WhatsMe is listed under the ‘Tools’ category on the Google Play Store. The developers have rated the app content fit for use by age 3+. This app can be downloaded for free from the app store. There are no in-app purchases for it either. However, it does contain some ads. The minimum OS requirements for WhatsMe include Android OS 4.1 and up. The latest version of WhatsMe is v. 3.2 which was launched on 19 April 2020.
WhatsApp is one of the most widely used applications around the world. People from most countries of the world use this popular app for instant messaging services. Plus, the additional features of WhatsApp like media sharing; location sharing, picture, and video statuses, etc. make the app just a lot better. All these features can be collectively held accountable for making WhatsApp the number 1 instant messaging app.
However, there are a few missing features in this widely- loved application:
- Users are not allowed to initiate a chat with a number not saved on their device. You need to add a number to your contact list and only then can you send a message to the user.
- WhatsApp does not allow you to send messages to your own number. This is a feature that many users wish to have, but WhatsApp hasn’t released any such feature.
WhatsMe is an application that can be a solution to this problem of WhatsApp users. WhatsMe helps users access both of these missing features in their original WhatsApp application.
WhatsMe is developed by M W Developers. The size of its Android application is 4.1 MB. The app has received an average rating of 4.1/5 stars based on the reviews of 196 total users. The number of downloads for this application is 10,000 – 50,000.
Pros of the Application
- It opens the chat you command it to in your regular WhatsApp application only. Thus, you don’t need to work with two separate apps.
- You can chat with people without having to save their mobile numbers. Thus, despite chatting with them, you can hide your profile picture and status from them. You can also ensure to hide their identity.
- The app size is very compact. You only need 1.89 MB out of your device storage for this application.
- The app is extremely easy to use. Users can access the app features without any trouble.
Cons of the Application
- The app contains too many ads. The ads are very frequent and too intimidating. This does not allow the user to access the app features properly.
- There is no option available to upgrade to an ad-free version of WhatsMe. If the developers would have added some in-app purchases to do the same, it would be easier for the users.
- The app is very slow. It takes a lot of time to open the chat you are required to.
- Since the app opens the chats in the original WhatsApp application, it might lead to some problems in the regular functioning of WhatsApp.
The app is extremely basic in terms of interface and simple in terms of accessibility. All the user needs to do to access the mentioned app features is:
- Type the country code and the mobile number of the user you need to chat with.
- Press the open chat button.
As soon as the user does this, the app redirects them to the chat box of the required number in the original WhatsApp application. However, it does take a certain amount of time to perform this task.