Quora is listed under the ‘Social’ category on Google Play Store. The app is rated 12+ by IARC i.e. suitable for a certain age group. This app can be downloaded free from the Play Store/App store and doesn’t contain any in-app purchases. However, it may contain ads placed by developers. A device must have android version 5.0 or up for the proper functioning of this app. The latest version of the app is 2.7.33 which was updated recently on Dec 1, 2022. It was first released on 5td September 2012.
Quora is developed and offered by Quora, Inc. The size of the Android application is 6 MB. The reviews of 368K users have given it an average rating of 4.4/5 stars. Quora has been downloaded by over 10 million users and the number keeps growing at a rapid pace we can anticipate that it can easily reach over 25 million in near future.
Quora is an education and knowledge-based social app that allows people to share their intellect with others. The app allows people to get their queries solved by others and also provides a platform to share their knowledge power with others. The app is not restricted to particular subjects, rather people can discuss any topic related to any subject on it.
Pros of the Application
- Quora is a Question & Answer based social app that allows the sharing of knowledge worldwide through a single platform with real people answering the queries.
- Users can ask questions related to any subject or topic and get their queries solved by real people. The app is totally free of cost, so there is no need to pay large sums of money for academic apps for solving the concepts.
- Users can also follow different topics or topics related to their subjects to get quality content about them and excel in their respective fields.
- Users can also share their valuable knowledge and experience with others using this online platform. Users can also attach supporting photos and videos with their answers to make a strong opinion and highlight them.
- The app includes a ‘Feed’ tab to provide instant quality material for the users related to their queries and subject.
- There is a separate tab, ‘Bookmarks’ for saving valuable opinions from others for later use.
- Users can also share Q&A with others using different social apps like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- The app is totally free of cost, so anybody can use it from anywhere in the world.
Cons of the Application
- There are many concerns about battery usage and power consumption of the app that it drains out the battery at a faster rate.
- Users complained about switching between different accounts that it involves too much hassle to use different accounts on same the device as it doesn’t support it.
- Users frequently complained about the low-quality content and illogical answers from users that make it difficult to choose the right one.
Quora knowledge-based platform that provides answers to the queries of its users. At the first start of the app, the user needs to sign up for submitting his/her questions. Users can sign up using Facebook, Google, or any Email to join the platform. The main interface of the Quora app has different categories;
- New Answers
- Ask option
- Search Tab
- Users can submit their queries via the ‘Ask’ button and get their answers about those queries in the ‘New Answers’ tab. There are many topics related to the subject in the ‘Feed’ tab.